Patients and health care providers are partners in health care. Here are 5 commonsense tips to engage patients in their own health care:
• Be involved in your health care. Speak up if you have questions or concerns about your care.
• Tell a member of your health care team about your past illnesses and your current health condition.
• Bring all of your medicines with you when you go to the hospital or to a medical appointment.
• Tell a member of your health care team if you have ever had an allergic or bad reaction to any medicine or food.
• Make sure you know what to do when you go home from the hospital or from your medical appointment.
Learn more about the Ontario Hospital Association's patient campaigns
and access pamphlets in many languages.