Bedside telephones are available in inpatient rooms. Each room has its own extension number and patients are encouraged to give out this extension to family and friends.
To reach a patient:
- Dial the main hospital line at 416-756-6000
- Follow the instructions and enter in the extension
When you call our General site at 416-756-6000, you can access our voice recognition system by pressing 2 to reach a patient. Follow the instructions — you will be asked to say the name of the person you are trying to reach and you will be automatically transferred to them. If you prefer, follow the instructions to be transferred to an operator.
You may obtain a patient's room or phone number from a volunteer at the General site's Information Desks on the main floor (every day, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.) or on the 1rst floor (Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed on weekends and holidays).If you do not know the extension, please wait for an operator to come on the line and redirect you
To make a call from a patient phone:
Courtesy phones are available for calls within North York General Hospital and they are located:
- Torokvei Atrium, ground floor lobby
- First floor, west entrance lobby
To reach someone within the hospital:
- Dial the extension of the person you wish to speak
- If you do not know the extension, ask the volunteer at the information desk for assistance
- To reach someone at the Branson Ambulatory Care Centre, dial “15” before the extension