The Freeman Centre for the Advancement of Palliative Care offers:
- Palliative care core rotations for Family Practice residents
- Clinical Palliative Care PGY3 Enhanced Skills for Family Medicine residents
- Palliative Care Elective for medical students or residents
- An Advanced Practice Nursing Clinical Fellowship in Palliative Care for nurses with post-Master education
- Interprofessional observership and preceptorships for nursing students, graduate social work students and international health care workers
- Interprofessional continuing education workshops, lectures, rounds, and forums.
- Read the February 13, 2013 news release Advanced Practice Nursing Fellowship first of its kind in Ontario that describes North York General's launch of this new fellowship for nurses interested in learning about the practice of palliative care in home and hospital settings.