North York General Hospital offers a wide range of paediatric surgery. Our hospital has long had a strong paediatric general surgical presence. Dr. Noelle Grace, who retired in 2012 after more than 30 years as a paediatric surgeon at North York General, was the first female paediatric surgeon in Canada.
We have a number of specialists who perform surgery on paediatric patients. Available specialists include experienced paediatric anesthesiologists, otolaryngologists, dental and maxillofacial surgeons, orthopaedic surgeons, and plastic and reconstructive surgeons. Before surgery, children and parents go to our paediatric waiting room Grace's Place, where they will be joined by a health care professional. Parents can walk with their child as far as the operating room door.
Paediatric surgery resources
- Preparing your child for surgery
- Caring for your child after a Tonsillectomy and/or Adenoidectomy
- Important instructions before surgery
- A Toddler's Guide to Day Surgery
- A Child's Guide to Day Surgery
- A Teenager's Guide to Surgery
- Post-Anaesthesia Care Unit— Paediatrics
Learn more about the services our paediatric general surgeons provide in the Child and Teen Program.