Hospital "rounds" are an integral part of hospital life. They are regularly scheduled educational events in all departments with presentations and case discussion on various medical and health-related topics. Rounds have become a multiprofessional forum for sharing and exchanging ideas, learning both on the "cutting edge" and updates on common topics. Rounds are open to all our hospital staff and physicians.
Some rounds are Webcasted “live” and some may even be archived for future viewing. “Live” events can be accessed here or you can follow the Webcast link that will be available with each session.
Information on resolving technical issues can be found here.
Last year's archived events are available on the OTN network. These are for NYGH staff and physicians and require a password. Please contact conference services or the Centre for Education for the login information.
Virtual Medical Grand Rounds
Topic: What Happens Next? Ending the COVID-19 pandemic
Date: Tuesday, May 18, 8 a.m.
Speaker: Dr. Brian Minnema
1. Review the roadmap for ending the COVID-19 pandemic
2. Attempt to reassure ourselves that the plan is feasible and consistent with data
3. Discuss the unknowns that may negatively impact the intended eradication of COVID-19
4. Where data is absent, resort to memes
Access Teams and the live Presentation
For best results sign in using your NYGH email address.
- After clicking the link, you will be prompted to join the meeting using Microsoft Teams. You can either download the app or join using the browser. If you are signed in using your NYGH e-mail address you can download the APP, otherwise choose the browser option.
Access Past Presentations
You must sign in with your NYGH email address to view all past Rounds presentations.
Most Rounds presentations are recorded and viewable on the Medical Grand Rounds channel on Microsoft Stream.
To view the recordings, click the link below.:
September 22, 2020 - Virtual Care - Medicine Rounds Sept. 22.pdf