Employee and Family Assistance Program (available to learners at NYGH)
Please know you are not alone when faced with a personal crisis. There are many individuals and resources that can help. If your health or safety, or that of someone else, is in immediate risk, please call 911 or seek medical attention immediately.
EFAP Provider, Homewood Health offers confidential support, expert information and valuable resources for every aspect of your life, available to you and your family.
For confidential one-on-one support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
Online: Homeweb | Home
Hospital Education Leads by Department/Service area:
Centre for Education Leadership Team
If you are experiencing issues with; your placement, the hospital, faculty/staff or another student; or have experienced any form of discrimination, harassment, and violence (learner mistreatment), please reach out to us so we can help.
City of Toronto Resources
- Crisis Services Canada: Available 24/7 at crisisservicescanada.ca, by phone at 1-833-456-4566 or by text message at 45645. In an emergency, always call 911.
- Distress Centre of Greater Toronto: Available 24/7 by phone at 416-408-4357 or text 45645 between 4 p.m. and midnight. Translation is available in many languages for crisis calls only.
- Self-referral to psychotherapy and psychiatry services:
- CAMH: CAMH is welcoming self-referrals from health-care workers in Toronto-based acute care hospitals who are impacted by COVID-19 and require support for their mental health. Click here for the self-referral or visit www.camh.ca/covid19gethelp.
- Pause 4 Providers: Join 30-minute online mindfulness sessions guided by Canadian health-care providers. Sessions are open to health-care providers, trainees, hospital workers, leaders and researcher at no cost.
- MeditationWorks: Free one to 10-minute guided audio meditations that can be done anywhere
- Down Dog: Variety of yoga, meditation, Barre and high intensity interval training (free for Healthcare Workers to Jan 2022 then approx. $7.99 USD/month)
- March of Dimes: Seated and rehab exercises for different mobility abilities (free, but requires registration).
- Participation: Variety of workouts including for children (free)