Workplace Injury

LA - Workplace Injury





If you experience an injury while on placement, please follow the steps below:

  1. Alert your supervisor/preceptor and seek medical assistance as required.  You should visit the Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness Department during their business hours or go to the Emergency Department after hours and identify yourself as a learner.
  2. Complete an Employee/Affiliate incident report (SLIP) on eric (NYGH’s intranet) with the help of your preceptor/supervisor. A link to the form is available on all NYGH computers. If you cannot access the form with your login, you can submit it anonymously. 
  3. You may also need to fill out your academic institution’s incident report form.
  4. Collaborate with your supervisor/preceptor to negotiate your return to placement as required.