NEW — We've moved!
As of June 11, 2018, the Outpatient Physiotherapy Services of the North York General Assessment and Wellness Centre are located at 255 Consumers Rd. Suite 220 (Victoria Park Ave. and Consumers Rd.). All other services of the North York General Assessment and Wellness Centre remain at the General site, 4001 Leslie Street.
The North York General Assessment and Wellness Centre provides complete physiotherapy services — no referral necessary and quick access to appointments — by registered physiotherapists.
Our new location is conveniently located only 3.5 km from North York General Hospital. Our physiotherapists have advanced knowledge in helping people recover after surgery and from complicated medical conditions such as fractures. Our clients benefit from consults with medical specialists where appropriate, and access to our Volunteer Services Centre for Medical Imaging.
The team members of the outpatient physiotherapy centre work to ensure the wellbeing and recovery of a patient is at the centre of their care. By using the best evidence-based physiotherapy available, we strive to prevent persistent pain and functional decline.
Physiotherapy is proven to:
- Reduce pain
- Promote healing
- Improve and/or restore mobility and functional ability
- Prevent long-term disability
- Improve overall quality of life
What We Offer at the Assessment and Wellness Centre
- Personal treatment plans for the best result
- A positive and supportive atmosphere
- Support the submission of insurance forms with direct billing available so you focus on healing
- Education to prevent re-injury and to help you recover at your own pace
- Hands on therapy to restore joint, tissue and muscle movement
- Injury-specific rehabilitation programs
- Medically supervised movement retraining and strengthening
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Therapeutic Electrotherapy
We offer direct billing to 10 major insurers, covering 85% of privately insured Canadians. Ask us to submit your claim for you at your next visit.
- Motor vehicle accident (direct billing)
- Extended health insurance plans (direct billing available)
- Self-pay (cash, debit and all major credit cards accepted)
The Assessment and Wellness Centre is not an OHIP registered physiotherapy clinic. Net proceeds support hospital programs.