The Palliative & Supportive Care Service offers:
- Palliative care core rotations for Family Practice residents
- Clinical Palliative Care PGY3 Enhanced Skills for Family Medicine residents
- Palliative Care Elective for medical students or residents
- An Advanced Practice Nursing Clinical Fellowship in Palliative Care for nurses with post-Master education
- Interprofessional observership and preceptorships for nursing students, graduate social work students and international health care workers
- Interprofessional continuing education workshops, lectures, rounds, and forums.
North York General Hospital is one of two community academic hospitals in Toronto to offer this program. Learn more by reading the brochure on Interprofessional Education Programs in Palliative Care.
- Read the February 13, 2013, news release below Advanced Practice Nursing Fellowship first of its kind in Ontario that describes North York General Hospital's fellowship for nurses interested in learning about the practice of palliative care in home and hospital settings.