Seniors' Health Centre
The Seniors' Health Centre is the hub of services for seniors at our hospital. It houses a 192-bed long-term care home.
North York General Hospital has a strong tradition of providing innovative and compassionate care to the elderly. The community we serve has one of the highest percentages of older adults in the country. We provide a home-like atmosphere for residents at the Seniors' Health Centre.
Our two main goals:
- To meet the health care needs of residents
Enhance their quality of life, sense of harmony, happiness and comfort.
Our caring philosophy
- We believe that all residents must be regarded as unique individuals, and an effort made to ensure individualized interaction and care.
- We believe in the development of common strengths and the respect for individual strengths and differences.
- We believe that care and services are provided best when all members of the interdisciplinary team are involved in planning, assessing and delivering care.
- We believe that families, substitute decision makers, and friends should participate in care planning while respecting the residents' lifestyle preferences.
- We believe that each person has the right to pursue the religious and cultural practices of choice, and to be connected to religious and cultural entities in the community.
Seniors' Health Centre is fully accredited and licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Our facility has been designed with the special needs and interests of our residents in mind. Our facility has 192 beds.
In accordance with the Auditor General's Report, the Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) has posted the waiting lists for long-term care within the Central LHIN. The wait list can be found on the Central LHIN website or the Long-Term Care Homes page. For more information please speak with your Care Coordinator at 1-888-470-2222. Contact information for general inquiries and referrals.
Call 416-756-0066 to get more information about touring our facilities.