This open virtual support group is for individuals who are experiencing symptoms of postpartum anxiety, postpartum depression and/or or would like support with coping with a newborn.
- Feeling sad or anxious
- Feeling isolated at home and wanting to connect with others
- Feeling more irritable or angry
- Crying more often than usual
- Having problems sleeping or eating
- Having a difficult time bonding with your baby
- Having upsetting thoughts, feelings or images
- Someone who has a history of depression, anxiety, and/ or mental health concerns
- Someone who had post-partum depression/anxiety with previous children
- Looking to learn new coping strategies
Some of the topics discussed in group focus on feelings of sadness and anxiety, postpartum experiences, mental health and wellness, relationships, self-care, guilt and isolation.
There is no fee to attend this group.
This group is for individuals following the birth of their baby and up to one year postpartum. You do not need to be an NYGH patient to attend the group.
- Nikita Nileshwar, MSW, BSW, RSW, Social Worker, Maternal Newborn and Paediatric Program, North York General Hospital
The group meets virtually every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. using Microsoft Teams.
We accept self-referrals as well as referrals from a healthcare provider or clinician. Please note – patients expressing interest in the group will be contacted by telephone to further discuss their participation.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to learn more about this group.