The North York General Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy is now offering flu and COVID-19 vaccines.
As we head into another flu/ respiratory illness season, we are expecting to face seasonal flu, new strains of COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses all at the same time. Respiratory viruses like influenza and COVID-19 pose significant health risks for many people.
Vaccines continue to be our number one tool to protect against outbreaks and serious illness. The best way to reduce the spread and impact of respiratory viruses is to combine vaccination with other measures like washing your hands, wearing a mask, and staying home when you feel sick.
The vaccine clinic is located in the NYGH Outpatient Pharmacy at 4001 Leslie St. (Ground Floor, near the cafeteria). Appointments are available on:
- Mondays to Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
You will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire and consent form upon arriving. Please also bring your health card.
- The flu shot can be taken at the same time or any time before or after the COVID-19 vaccines. Speak with your health care provider for details.
- Children six months to two years can get their flu shot from a doctor, nurse practitioner or local public health unit. Children under two years old cannot get a flu shot from a pharmacy.
- The NYGH Outpatient Pharmacy does not offer COVID vaccines for children under 12 years of age. Appointments can be booked instead through the provincial COVID-19 vaccine portal.